Business rescue and turnaround support services
Many companies have been hard hit by the unprecedented business environment arising from COVID-19. During these challenging times, companies need skilled and experienced professionals to provide support and assist with the many complex issues that may arise.
Maitland is ideally positioned to assist registered business rescue practitioners with a wide variety of support services, including:
- Escrow agency and managing current and call accounts, in which cash collections and proceeds can be ring-fenced and secured for specific agreed purposes,
- Independent directors and trustees to Security SPV structures set up to facilitate the consolidation of existing and the raising of new, secured funding,
- Part-time and interim financial managers, together with supporting accounting, taxation and payroll services,
- Assistance with implementing and executing turnaround strategies and plans,
- Corporate secretarial and meeting management services.
Recent Maitland Escrow successes
- Holding ca USD34m loan proceeds for an acquisition involving an offshore Japanese bank and a Hong Kong based corporate
- The sale by a JSE listed company of a business unit to a BEE consortium
Security SPV management related to business rescue process
- Two JSE listed companies
- A high profile private company matter under public scrutiny