Corporate Business Services
Maitland’s corporate business services allow operating companies to contract out business processes to our team of experts, such as company secretarial, accounting, taxation and payroll processing, as well as operational and non-core functions.
Professional directorship and trusteeship services
We are experienced in the duties, responsibilities and conduct of directors and professional trustees and bring a wealth of knowledge, skill and experience in the fields of law, accounting, taxation, regulatory compliance, risk management and general business acumen to ensure that the entity, be it a company, trust or SPV, is managed in accordance with the principles of good governance. We ensure the entity’s compliance with the law, the founding documents and all legal obligations.
Corporate secretarial and administration
Maitland offers the entire suite of company formation, domiciliation and secretarial services, as well as a wide range of general administration services, including:
- Company administration and maintenance to ensure good corporate standing,
- Good corporate governance reviews and implementation,
- Acting as company secretary and fulfilling the legally related required roles,
- Preparation of AGM, board and sub-committee meeting packs,
- Minute-taking, preparation and distribution,
- Providing a registered address and acting as process agent,
- Formation of companies, funds, SPVs and trusts,
- Bank account opening and administration,
- Payroll processing,
- Stock exchange services,
- Submission of regulatory returns,
- Reconstruction of statutory records,
- Due diligence review of the status of corporate statutory records,
- De-registrations and other related services.
Professional accounting services
Maitland provides a wide range of professional services including:
- Bookkeeping, management accounts and financial statements drafting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as various Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),
- Setting up internal systems and controls,
- Preparing and maintaining accounting records, management accounts, financial statements and audit files,
- Tax registrations and ongoing tax returns, reporting and compliance.
Tax administration and global tax reporting
Our services include registration for income tax and Value Added Tax (VAT), preparation and submission of income tax, provisional tax and VAT returns, as well as liaison with the tax authorities.
We also assist in meeting global tax reporting obligations, providing advice, compliance and reporting services in relation to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
Business centre services
Maitland offers fully-fledged business centre services out of our Luxembourg and Malta offices. We provide serviced office space with dedicated secretarial and business support.
This is ideal for companies or family offices that require a permanent location or need to establish a base from which a small number of staff can operate.